– CIOS Heerenveen (1992), Athletics and Outdoor sports
– Interpretive Guides Association, Professional Interpretive Hiking Guide
– Rockclimbing instructor
– Kayak Instructor
– Canoe Instructor
– Instructor Map, Compas & GPS
– Instructor ‘Wilderness living skills’
– Fauna and tracking specialist
– Rope rescue instructor
– CSWI Level 3 Guide
– WGA Guide, Boreal forest level 3, Arctic Level 2.
> 25 years experience in training, guiding and teaching Outdoor sports
Hike & Survival instructor, Nature & Wildlife Guide, CSWI Level 3, WGA Boreal Forest Level 3 guide.
NCOI Certified Trainer-Coach.
MFA instructor and examinator.
Full-time teacher at Voshaar MBO Outdoorsports & Guiding
Brenda (Cree/Iroquois Métis) was born and raised in the Rockies in Jasper National Park and is pleased to follow her lineage as a traditional Métis guide from the Kwarakwante of Jasper. Learning through research and talking with elders, traditions, which are a part of her heritage, have become a pleasure for her to share with others.
· Nordic ski instructor with the Canadian association of Nordic ski Instructors
· Level one Coach NCCP (National Canadian Coaching program)
· Professional interpreter with Interpretive Guides Association (IGA)
· Instructor with the IGA
· Instructor for the Outdoor Council of Canada (OCC)
· Wilderness and Standard First Aid instructor Red Cross
· Qualified Hunter with Alberta Hunting Education Association
· Qualified Instructor with Alberta Hunting Education Association
· Qualified Trapper with Alberta Trapper Association
· Standard Recreational Avalanche awareness level one
Awarded the Esquao Award from the Institute for the Advancement of Aboriginal Women (IAAW). The award was in the Health, Medicine and Culture category, for the promotion of those qualities through the client based activities provided by Mahikan Trails Inc.
In 2004, Métis Nation of Alberta Region III awarded her the Métis Entrepreneur of the Year.
– 21 Years British Army (Royal Engineers)
– Backpacking Guide, Association of Canadian Mountain Guides
– Nordic ski Instructor, Canadian Assoc’ of Nordic ski instructors.
– Nordic ski Coach, Ski Du Fond Canada.
– Coaching theory, National Canadian Coaching Program.
– Canoe Instructor (river), Alberta Recreational Canoe Association.
– Advanced Wilderness First Aid. 80 hr cert BC Wilderness first aid association.
– Hunter Education/certification course, Alberta Fish & Wildlife (learning backcountry survival, navigation, wildlife management, tracking, animal identification, hunting techniques and field dressing of game).
– Backcountry Nordic ski leader/avalanche training, Yamnuska, Canmore.
– Interpreter level 2 cert’ Interpretation Canada.
– Professional Interpreter Interpretive Guiding Association
– Survival Instructor. Karamat Wilderness Ways Living School
– Qualified Trapper. Alberta Trapper’s Association
– Single Pitch Rope Technique (SRT) course and Cave Rescue. Canmore Caverns.
– Cave rescue Training 2 courses B.C. cave rescue
– Standard First Aid Instructor Canadian Red Cross
– Wilderness First Aid Instructor Canadian Red Cross
– Advanced Wilderness First Aid Instructor. Slipstream Wilderness FA
– Standard Recreational Avalanche course level One.
– OCC Leadership Instructor Outdoor Council of Canada (OCC)
– Wilderness living skills instructor Mors Kochanski
– Cave Guide for Canmore Caverns (part time 15 years), Canmore, Alberta. Also assisted in teaching SRT and cave rescue for the company
– IGA group Management Instructor